Techno Exports is the leading manufacturer and exporter of Curled Coir or Machine Twisted Coir Fibre from India. We are the largest exporter of the Twisted Rope from India and have been winning the National Award for “BEST EXPORT PERFORMANCE IN CURLED COIR” since 1998.
Techno Exports has more than 31 years of experience in manufacturing and exporting of Curled Coir rope. Therefore, our Manufacturing and Quality Checking process are fine tuned over the years which further guarantee our customers trouble free production and minimal wastage. We start our quality checking process from the raw Coconut Fibre right before they are made ready for twisting process. Our production process is designed to minimise the short fibre and dust content in the twisted rope and at the same time maximising the percentage of coconut fibre usable for manufacturing of Rubberised Coir and Coir Needle Felt. Consequently our customers enjoy better quality raw materials and minimum wastage during production.
What is Machine Twisted Coir Fibre?
Machine Twisted Coir Fibre or Curled Coir, also known as Fehrer Machine Twisted (FMT) Coir Fibre are made from 100% natural fibre extracted from the coconut husk. The coir fibre is cleaned and twisted into ropes and are then wound into coils. Machine Twisted Coir Fibre coils when unwound retains the spring action from the tight twists. Secondly, Coir Fibre is a natural thermal insulator. Hence twisted coir fibre is considered to be the ideal natural material for manufacturing cushions.
Curled Coir Quality Specification
|Percentage of fibre with length < 30 mm
|Percentage of fibre with length > 100 mm
|52 to 58%
|Dust & other impurities
|Free from metal pieces, stones and other impurities
|2.5 +/- 0.5 cm
|2 +/- 0.5 cm
|2.5 +/- 0.5 cm
|Twists per meter
Areas of application of Curled Coir
- Mattress manufacturing
- Premium automobile seat manufacturing
Advantages of using Machine Twisted Coir Fibre
- Firstly, Coir fibre is the sole ingredient of Curled Coir. Therefore, it is 100% natural, biodegradable and sustainable
- Secondly, Unwound coir fibre retains the spring action from the twists
- Thirdly, Coir fibre is indeed a good thermal insulator. Consequently, coir fibre makes the ideal raw material for manufacturing mattress
- Lastly, Coir Fibre is one of the strongest natural fibre in the planet. Hence, they have longer lifespan compared to other natural fibres.